In a nutshell, we look for these signs of superior quality:
- How do we test our eggs for the best quality?Reasonably firm albumen (egg white);
- Indistinct yolk outline;
- Round yolk located at the centre of the egg;
- An air cell (air pocket) no more than 5 mm deep.
- Has less than 3 spots totalling less than 25 mm2 and is otherwise free of dirt and stains;
- Has a normal or nearly normal shape and may have some rough areas and lines;
- Is not cracked.
Somewhat. A whole egg’s PRAL index is 8.2 mEq (considering that the yoke accounts for much of that index).
Protein: 12.6 g
Carbohydrates: 1.1 g
Fat: 10.6 g
Dietary fibre: 0 g
Also consult our nutrition page
Mr. Dubost, Mr. Desaulniers
Food composition table
Department of Nutrition
University of Montreal, Canada
According to Canada’s Food Guide, two eggs are the equivalent of one serving of meat and substitutes.
For a good health, the Guide recommends a daily intake of two to three servings of meat and substitutes.